1/32nd Scale Etched Brass
Our first foray into etched parts production. Our aim is to only use photo etching to produce details which will suit the medium and we will offer only etched parts which will improve the model’s scale appearance – no “brass for the sake of it”!
The Felixstowe parts comprise:
- Internal details for the upper longeron frames, replacing the moulded on cable run on the starboard side and the framework strengthening/joining brackets on both sides.
- New pilot’s electrical switch panel and separate switches
- Six Norman vane foresights for the kit’s Lewis guns
- Details to improve the bow-mounted Low Altitude Bombsight
- Engine bearer strut brackets and fittings
After removing the various moulded-on details, the painted etched brackets and fittings are added to the wood finished frames and struts to give a crisp scale appearance – much easier and more satisfying than trying to pick out the moulded detail. The modeller will need to add his own fine wire cables to the tray on the starboard side of the cockpit, but this is simply done using 0.2mm lead wire or similar material.