48015 - Oeffag Albatros Vol. 2
! Please REMEMBER
to ADD a SINGLE P&P charge PER SHIPMENT of decals !
Options for 48015
- 153.169 Friedrich Hefty, Flik 42J, June 1917.
- 153.238 Johan Nemeth Flik 63J, Spring 1918.
- 153.47 Josef Kiss, Flik 55J, January 1918.
- 153.95 Freidrich Losert, Flik 2D, November 1917.
- 153.167 Pilot unknown, Flik 2D May 1918.
- 153.159 Otto Kulas (previously reported as Josef Kiss), Flik 55J April 1918.
- 135.227 Arpada Kurtnecker, Flik 3J, Summer 1918.
- 253.04 Franz Peter, Flik 3J August 1918.
- 153.15 Julius Arigi, Flik 55J, September 1917.
- 153.44 Franz Gräser, Flik 42J, November 1917.
- 153.110 Otto Schrimpl, Flik 61J, March 1918.
- 153.119 Ernst Strohschneider, Flik 61J, April 1918.
- 153.137 Josef Novak, Flik 41J, May 1918.
Principle references consulted in the production of this decal sheet:
- Albatros D.III (OEF), Windsock Datafile no.19 by P.M.Grosz. Albatros Productions 1990.
- Austro-Hungarian Aces of World War 1 by Christopher Chant. Osprey Publishing 2002.
- Air Aces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire1914-1918 by Dr.Martin O’Connor. Champlin Fighter Museum Press, 1986.
- Albatros D.II & D.III Oeffag by Mgr.Petr Tesar. JaPo, Czech Republic, 1998.
- Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One by P.M.Grosz, George Haddow and Peter Schiemer. Flying Machine Press,1993.
- Markings and Camouflage of Austro-Hungarian Aircraft in World War One by Dr.Martin O’Connor. A series of twelve articles published in Cross & Cockade Great Britain from Vol 17 No 1 in 1986.
As already mentioned, the work of the late Dr.O’Connor is the basis for much of the content of this booklet and influenced a great many of the profile reconstructions which appear here. Apart from his series of C&C articles, his work on the Aces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, listed above and preceded by a series of articles in Scale Models Magazine (when under the editorship of Ray Rimell), opened a whole new chapter of interest for many First World War modellers. High time the C&C articles were updated and published in book form!