48012 - Albatros D.V/Va of Jasta 5 Vol. 1
! Please REMEMBER
to ADD a SINGLE P&P charge PER SHIPMENT of decals !
Options for 48012
- D.Va Serial unknown. Josef Mai, February 1918, Boistrancourt.
- D.Va Serial Unknown. Wilhelm Gürke, February/March 1918, Boistrancourt.
- D.Va Serial Unknown. Martin Klein, January-February 1918, Boistrancourt.
- D.Va, possibly 6550/17. Hans von Hippel, May 1918, Cappy.
- D.Va, 7037/17. Hans von Hippel, February 1918, Boistrancourt.
- D.Va, 6748 (probable). Jupp Kremer, April/May 1918, Cappy.
- D.Va, serial unknown. Rudolf Matthaei, December 1917 and Hans Schlömer, January/February 1918.
Principle references consulted in the production of this decal sheet:
- Jagdstaffel 5, Volumes One & Two by G.K.Merrill, Albatros Productions 2004.
- Albatros D.Va German Fighter of World War I by Robert C.Mikesh. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington D.C. 1980, repinted 1989.
- Albatros Fighters Windsock Datafile Special by R.L.Rimell. Albatros Productions 1991.
- Above the Lines by Norman Franks, Frank W.Bailey & Russel Guest. Grub Street, 1993.
- The Jasta Pilots by Norman Franks, Frank W.Bailey & Rick Duiven, Grub Street, 1996.
These decals could not have been produced without the prodigious research and writings of Dr.Glenn Merrill. His devotion to the unravelling and recording the complex history and markings of Jasta five serve as an example of the best sort of historical research. To be sure he drew upon the work of others in the preparation of the two Windsock volumes, but his own contributions were crucial in bringing the story together. We cannot recommend the two volume history of Jasta 5 highly enough.